Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Angola gone, Australia to go

Yes thats right, amazingly the heavyweight of soccer Angola has been knocked out of the world cup. There goes one of my chances at winning the World Cup Office sweep. Sigh, see we have this world cup pool at work, where all the 32 world cup teams are placed in a hat (of sorts) and you get to draw 2 teams from the hat and if they win the world cup, you win the pool. Unfortunately for me, I was "conveniently" in the lab at the time and someone else drew the teams for me. Woe is me, as I drew the 2 most unlikely teams to win the world cup in Australia and Angola. I mean I never even knew Angola had a population large enough to make a soccer team!!!. Funnily enough though, the person who did draw for me somehow ended up with Germany AND the Czech Republic. Two fo the favourites in the tournament. Now as I lament as the first of my two chances are knocked out, I have to wait and hope that Australia pulls off the most unlikely of miracles and somehow win the world cup. Ahhh wishful thinking isn't it?, But I will be away at 4:00 am this morning as Australia play Croatia for a place in the final 16.. Caaarrrnn Aussies!!.

As for my progression in the wonderful World of Warcraft I have finally reached level 26!! WOOOTTT!!!, but I now have no pet as I decided to let him go so that I can trap a better one. To my dismay though, it turns out the beast I want to train is UNTRAINABLE!!!... sigh.. now I have no pet and have to contemplate a life alone within this sparse cyber domain :(.

Also I have added below an email that arrived in my inbox at home, for those that follow football will find this quite amusing. It compares football teams to those strange but beautiful creatures we call women :).

If footy clubs were women:

Sydney would be J-Lo - Quality all over, but especially good down back.

West Coast would be Kylie Minogue - very decent despite not having much
up front.

Fremantle would be Danii Minogue - Always trying hard to be as good as
her big sister, but will never measure up The butt of everyone's jokes.

St Kilda would be Krystal from Big Brother - has the biggest and best
assets going around, but we all know they're not the real deal.

Brisbane would be Elle MacPherson - past her glorious best but still
easy on the eye and an old favourite with most.

Collingwood would be Madonna - also past her glorious best, but refuses
to accept it gracefully.

Carlton would be Whitney Houston - has not looked after herself in
recent years and has gone completely off the rails.

Adelaide would be Delta Goodrem - tidy, attractive, professional and
uncontroversial. Nice to look at, but for some reason just makes you
want to yawn.

Geelong would be Britney Spears - at times can look stunning, at others
it can get ugly.

Essendon would be Katie Holmes - has a certifiable psycho in charge of
her every move. Has lost credibility in recent times.

The Kangaroos would be Paris Hilton - lays down way too easily.

Richmond would be Annabel Chong - can cop a pounding and keep coming
back for more, all in the name of self-improvement.

Western Bulldogs would be Shakira - proof that being short is no barrier
to getting you excited. Will only get better too.

Hawthorn would be Christina Aguilera - looks like she enjoys it rough
and dirty.

Melbourne would be Princess Di - may be a blue blood, but hasn't done
anything for a while.

Port Power would be Amelie Mauresmo - last woman on Earth scenario:
you still wouldn't.

your love is like a shadow at 10:59 pm
1 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard