Monday, June 26, 2006
Australia out and so are the PIMPS
Ahhh what a horrendous few hours of soccer... as I watched, eyes all glazed from lack of sleep as Australia valiantly fought on to stave of off defeat but unfortunately due to another umpiring debacle their dreams were shattered with the boot of Fransisco Totti. My only opinion of the Italian team is that they should take up swimming as they are probably the best team in the world at diving. Ironically today was the do or die match for the PIMPS, todays match against the Shirtlifters was a must win match.. as opposed to any other match lol. But the simple fact is, win today and qualify for the finals. After a bad first half, we were faced by the daunting tasking task of a 4-1 defecit. The second half was closely contested, and my legs were feeling as they were about to give in. I should explain, the day before, I went for a 3.5 km jog. I have a best time that I always am looking to beat, and yesterday I put more effort than I normally do. This resulted in me not being 100% fit the next day. As a consequence I was starting to struggle to maneuver around the pitch. But I still managed to give my best performance of the season, the team also managed to obtain a draw, as we scored 3 goals in 9 mins to end the game 4-4. Unfortunately though this was not enough to get us into 4th spot, and so we are knocked out of the comp and have to contemplate what could have been and start looking at a better season next year.
your love is like a shadow at 11:12 pm
1 said we can't be wrong together
1 said we can't be wrong together