Tuesday, June 20, 2006

WoW to be a Gal

Ahhh yes, World of Warcraft (aka WoW) , what an amazing game it is. Probably the best MMORPG out there with 6 million online gamers, I can remember when I was there in the store buying my copy pretty much the first week it came out in Melbourne. So yes I was one of the first people to get it down under :P, and I must say my first impressions of it were less than satisfying. It lagged like crazy, no one was online, the game wasn't intuitive and had problems up the wahzoo. But 1.5 years later and 774 km's away from Melbourne, as I sat in my Adelaide apartment thinking what cheap fun I can get up to that didn't involve me getting into troubles with the girfriend. I blew away the dust from the WoW retail box, for which at the time I spend $90 to acquire and took all but 15 mins to get bored of and tuck it away along with the other wasted expenses of my life. I decided to reinstall and play the game. After all, I now have a credit card to actually pay for the monthly fee. Which reminds me I should hide this card from the prospective wife to be. A word for the wise... Women and plastic just do not mix. But I digress, as I install the game and pay the $20 odd dollars for monthly fees I think to myself how long it would be till I got bored of this game once again, thinking of what a disappointment it was the first time around. I was left to mull over my thoughts as the software downloaded 1.5 years worth of patches, which that alone was almost half a day. I soon realised that a lot had changed since I last played the game. Those magical patches, though numerous and plentyful only eluded to the fact that a lot of rework had been done to the game. It was far more stable and ran very smoothly, it was far more intuitive than what I remembered and the quests were numerous in numbers and had a semblance of a storyline as most flowed from one to another.

I can proudly say that I am now officially hooked as a Gamer.

Like the sands through the hourglass, means I accumulated more hours on WoW. My first character (and only character so far) is a Night Elf Hunter(ess), which is a change for me since I have always chosen male characters. After all... "We are living in the age of cooties" .. Bart Simpson. So for a change I felt I would go a female character, why not?, in this world of political correctness and video game equal opportunity, they are no different from the male characters other than being better to look at :P. I have found a whole new world of online ettiquette, when I come online, all these people say welcome to me. I have people just randomly come up to me and help me out, they kill creatures for me when I am struggling and worst of all they even give me things for free. Mind you I still accept :P, not that I am turning poor Silvara (my character) into an online whore, she has her standards. But I certainly find that online doors are opened for me, and there are far more people to help me out, and hey.. in a man's world, a gal needs all the leverage she can get to get where she wants :P. But the most disturbing even was last night when an online gamer called me (or at least my character) a babe and blew me a kiss. I just did the typical blonde thing and giggled and ran off. But certainly I can understand what some gals have to go through, not that I treat women as objects. My gal will attest to that, as I cherish her like a queen. But I certainly am having an interesting and fun experience with this character lol.

your love is like a shadow at 10:58 pm
0 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard