Sunday, July 16, 2006

Donuts.. is there anything they CANT do!!

This weekend was a busy and eventful one, certainly made more pleasurable by my gal being with me. Friday was a day where I woke up at 6 am on a bus travelling from Adelaide to Melbourne where once I get off being a passegner in one vehicle I am in the car of a friend of mine travelling yet again to Sig's place. The plan was to meet at her place to pick up her and her sister so that we can travel to Mt Buller for some fun and frolick in the snow. It was my first time skiing and my first in the snow!! .. yes thats right I'm a snow virgin lol.. and certainly displayed my lack of skills and no how when it came to skiing. I mean skiing is not too difficult.. it's just the balancing, knowing how to turn and how to stop. But by the end of the day I was skiing like a .. beginner .. and narrowly averted death by missing 3 trees as I completely went of the track and went into the bushes. But all in all it was a great day and a lot of fun.

Saturday was a day for just myself and Sig, and I cant say more than that cuz a guy never kisses and tells :P. But what I can tell of is that we went to see superman that night. It was an ok movie.. some parts were quite good, and yes I know many critics say that he has no sense of humour, but he is SUPERMAN. He is an outcast, man that has always been different. A man loved by all yet always is alone, as Clarke Kent he has to watch the woman he loves be in love with another person, with his persona yet he can never get close enough to tell her how he feels. He is the bastion of hope for every geek out there, all the nerds, that a clumsy nerd such as Clark Kent turns out to be the monumental hero that he is. But as Five for Fighting sang:
I can’t stand to fly
I’m not that naive
I’m just out to find
The better part of me

I’m more than a bird...i’m more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
It’s not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I’ll never see

It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It’s not easy to be me

Up, up and away...away from me
It’s all right...you can all sleep sound tonight
I’m not crazy...or anything...

I can’t stand to fly
I’m not that naive
Men weren’t meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I’m only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
Inside of me
Inside me
Yeah, inside me
Inside of me

I’m only a man
In a funny red sheet
I’m only a man
Looking for a dream

I’m only a man
In a funny red sheet
And it’s not easy, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...

Its not easy to be me ....
A great song and always gets u to think, that no matter how strong a person can be, sometimes that strength can be a hindrance. That showing any less of yourself is a sign of weakness as a human being, ot just simply not wanting to show that u r scared to those that rely and trust you. But no one is bigger than life, and everyone cries at some point in time .. that what makes Superman iconic... as a hero and as a man.

Sunday was my day of rest, and on that day of rest I must go to fountain gate. I was always planning to ge, but after I learnt that Krispy Kreme has opened its first store in Melbourne. But as I finally made my way to the inoccuous white and green store I could see that the line extended far beyond the numerous counters and all the way around and towards the exit. Basically by stepping one foot into the store would put me in line. Seemed like everyone from suburbs surrounding had come out to get some doughnuts. Ahhh well.. I plan to be in melbourne in 2 weeks again, maybe I shall have more luck this time :)

your love is like a shadow at 11:15 pm
0 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard