Friday, July 21, 2006
Guns.. Guns.. Guns!!!
Woke up 2day a little later than planned, this was mainly attributed due to the fact that I was working on my 5000 piece puzzle for 9 hours from 4:30pm until 1:30 am... I know thats a bit excessive lol, but it is about time I get a move on with trying to complete it.. I mean all the pieces are so spread over accross my room that I have barely any room to move. My daily routines from waking up involve tiptoeing around the shrapnel of pieces around me. Of course my biggest fear is that I am missing a few pieces. After all in 5000 pieces, it is easy to lose just the one piece, and just one piece means that the whole puzzle is ruined. Due to my late night I didn't wake up until 10:20am .. quite a few hours later than I expected to be awake.
After waking up I only had an hour to have a shower, get dressed and have breakfast and head of towards the lower light shooting range. It would be my second time shooting but Drew's first time. He's been wanting to go shooting for a while now, and I cant blame him. It is fun, though why are guys so attracted to things like guns, cars, planes and anything powerful and loud?. Holding a rifle alone gives you a thrill, let alone actually getting to look through a scope and firing the rifle. Is it the thrill of having the gun go off in your hands, the adrenalin rush that surges through u.. or is it a matter of, men only thinking with another appenage?. That being said there are some women there too, but like engineering, its a male dominated sport. I guess deep down we are boys at heart, and just the thrill of having something with so much power, so much noise just make it.... exciting... i think most guys know what I mean :).. Lucky I was wearing heavy jeans lol. I ended up scoring 84 and 83 respectively on my first and second rounds. Drew had an extremely good start by getting 88 and 88 beating both myself and our trainer Brad or B- Rad (Bee - Rad) as I call him by his homeboy name lol. The day was quite fun, exciting and has compelled me to join the rifle club, this way I will get my licence within 3 months and from there I can buy a rifle of my own. But for those thinking of doing the same... always remember safety first, it's not a toy and ur dealing with serious stuff such as this.
Now that I am back from my weekend outing, it's back to working on my puzzle... The more I do .. the more it just feels like I have hardly made any form of progress.
After waking up I only had an hour to have a shower, get dressed and have breakfast and head of towards the lower light shooting range. It would be my second time shooting but Drew's first time. He's been wanting to go shooting for a while now, and I cant blame him. It is fun, though why are guys so attracted to things like guns, cars, planes and anything powerful and loud?. Holding a rifle alone gives you a thrill, let alone actually getting to look through a scope and firing the rifle. Is it the thrill of having the gun go off in your hands, the adrenalin rush that surges through u.. or is it a matter of, men only thinking with another appenage?. That being said there are some women there too, but like engineering, its a male dominated sport. I guess deep down we are boys at heart, and just the thrill of having something with so much power, so much noise just make it.... exciting... i think most guys know what I mean :).. Lucky I was wearing heavy jeans lol. I ended up scoring 84 and 83 respectively on my first and second rounds. Drew had an extremely good start by getting 88 and 88 beating both myself and our trainer Brad or B- Rad (Bee - Rad) as I call him by his homeboy name lol. The day was quite fun, exciting and has compelled me to join the rifle club, this way I will get my licence within 3 months and from there I can buy a rifle of my own. But for those thinking of doing the same... always remember safety first, it's not a toy and ur dealing with serious stuff such as this.
Now that I am back from my weekend outing, it's back to working on my puzzle... The more I do .. the more it just feels like I have hardly made any form of progress.
UBUNTU: /ùbúntú/ (oo-BOON-too)
Humanity Towards Others
your love is like a shadow at 10:19 pm
0 said we can't be wrong together
0 said we can't be wrong together