Monday, July 10, 2006

Natural Born Killer

"My killing teacher says I'm a natural" ... Bart Simpson

The weekend was yet another montage of scenes, people places and activities. Friday was a fair inoccuous day, it started as usual with dim sim morno's and the midday knock off. The evening started off with a couple of mates from work, a whole lot of machinery, wires and a hell of a lot of alcohol. Amazing how we think our skills at marksmanship increase with the more alcohol consummed. Ahh but I had a small advantage, it was my self and my friend johnnie walker and coke against the two other drunken sailors. Finally after much alcohol was consummed and we were finally tired of playing Call of Duty 2, or rather we were just tired we packed up for the night. Me being the consciencious person I am, I decided to spend the night at Cam's place. Now that he proudly had his new bedding suite, he has a proper spare bed for visitors and so I took him up on his generous offer.

Saturday was a day I was looking forwards to for a while, I finally got a chance to go shooting!!! not at anything specific, it's target shooting so no one gets hurt. Although watching all the pro's and the bignoting that goes on.. clearly some peoples pride is the only thing that would get hurt on that day. It was the first I fired a rifle and boy was I nervous, the day was chilly and freezing yet all I could think about was squeezing the trigger. I was told about the kickback and I spent more time contemplating how much I liked my collarbone and didn't wish to break it. But the time finally came when I had to pull the trigger and my did it go off, it was a loud crack and the next think I know my barrel is facing 45 degrees off course. But after a while I got used to it, basically the game goes that you get 3 practice shots and 10 real shots. There are two types of targets to aim aim, so 2 different scoring systems. My target has a max score of 6 for a bullseye, and you sum up your best 10 consecutive scores (inclusive of the 3 practise shots). There are two rounds of shooting and at the end of the day I had 52 out of 60 in the first round and 54 out of 60 in the second round. My teacher said I am a natural at firing a rifle ;) .. guess it's in my genes. I know my father is a crack shot and apparently my grand father was an extremely gifted shooter. Guess it just mean my family is good with guns lol :). But I'd never go hunting, I prefer to buy my meat from the store lol, besides with the calibre that I was using there would b nothing left but fur from any rabbit that I shoot. Was a very fun day and have already pencilled down my next shoot, after all I have to beat andrew now ;).

your love is like a shadow at 2:07 am
0 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard