Monday, July 17, 2006

TRU FoB

Twas a normal Monday night just like any regular monday night, fresh from work and tired from the rigours of the past weekend I was sitting back, relaxing while watching season 9 of stargate sg-1. As I hear a knock on the door, at first I just figured it was my next door neighbour Anthony, wanting to know if I bought him that hard drive he was so anxiously waiting for. But no, to my surprise its a short indian guy with a TRU energy jumper. Yes the telemarketers have taken it one step further. It seems this guy, who had a strong indian accent and whose eyes luit up when he saw me.. asking me if I was Indian. Why do I keep getting this question thrown at me, course I'm not indian.. I'm lankan... I mean couldn't u tell by my unbelievably good looks that I must have been lankan.. no way I could be indian lol. But joking aside, he was uplifted to see a fellow country person so to speak and he went on to tell me about the great deal that TRU energy has to offer. I simply told him that I wasn't interested and that I was busy, it seemed that this guy couldn't understand that I didn't want to accept this unbelievably good offer he had for me. Have we come down to a time where companies are now flying down there telemarketers from india to personally knock on peoples doors???... sigh ... It's a cycle that you just cannot escape.

Today started off fairly slow, turn up to work, read my emails... and then decide what I want to do for the rest of the day. But simehow I got sidetracked and ended up surfing google maps. It's amazing what is available these days, the fact that you can look at anywhere on the map and zoom into such details. I literally went looking for my parents place in melbourne just so I could see if the car was left in the driveway or not. Mind you these photos are not real time.. imagine the amount of stalkers out there if it was lol. So of course I decided to flag as many security alarms as I could as I went global spying on the USA, first stop was Area 51, then trinity Site in New Mexico (test site for first nuclear weapon), diego garcia, puget sound naval shipyard and my girlfriends place in Melbourne ... lol... just for curiosity lol. I was happy to see that the images of sri-lanka was finally improving.. slowly though. But now I have something to have fun with during those slow hours at work ;).

your love is like a shadow at 10:43 pm
0 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard