Monday, August 07, 2006

Almond Blossom time!!

Yes thats right, its August meaning that the Almond blossoms are blooming. Which means the almond blossom festival is on :) . Adelaide is known as the festival state, with somehting like 400 festivals in the year. Almond blossom festival is a time where people get together, to celebrate .... almonds ... blossoming. Ok so I dont exactly know the point of it. Just that its another excuse to get really drunk lol. This weekend came and went too fast once again, saturday was an early start as I had to pick up a friend from the airport. After dropping him of at his house we then proceeded to make our way to the shooting range. Saturday was a 700 meter shoot, the conditions were good, as it always is in Adelaide. I had a bad day to start with, made worse by having an accident when the gun recoiled sharply and hit my head, resulting in the scope of the gun cutting my eyebrow. I wasnt hurt, just had a bad headache which only lasted momentarily. I only realised I had drawn blood when my eyebrow felt wet, and I saw blood on my hands as I wiped it. I ended up shooting better from that point onwards, ending up with a poor score of 77 and 79. But because of my handicap of 32 lol, I ended up coming second in my division of shooting.

Sunday came and went just as fast, once again I woke up early, I think that my body clock had automatically changed to be that way. I ended up playing both basketball and soccer, after all I need to train for the soccer comp at work. I was very pleased as I managed to beat my roommate 11 - 7 in basketball, always a good feat when you're only 5 foot 8 inches (every inch counts :) ). But then again, its never about the size, its how much you say you are that counts :). The rest of the day was spent lazily away, just shopping and playing WoW and working on the puzzle.


Now I am onto 2day, Monday bloody monday, the most disheartening week as it's the longest possible time until the weekend, but at least now I have Cam back at work, he's always amusing to have around the place, and at least now I won't be the craziest person there :P. After all, with us at the helm of Australia's superior Submarine force, the world is safe from evil :P. 2Day was spent simply catching up, what the latest is on the projects we are working on at work and the status of both our beleaguered teams, Essendon and Bribane. Well at least I barrack for a good team ... I mean we do have the most premierships :) . Ahh.. as the saying goes.. theres always next year, or pre-season lol.



your love is like a shadow at 1:33 am
0 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard