Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Another day another seaon and a new team

A new month and all of a sudden a new season is upon us in soccer. Here I thought all my development had been wasted as the soccer season ended about a month ago. It turns out that we have 2 soccer seasons in one year, a bit odd really, but I was only informed last week that apparently the PIMPS have a second team called the Foo Fighters. I later learned that this second team exists due to growing numbers and also due to political reasons within Jacobs.. (app. 2 members of the organising committee for Jacobs had a fight over something and decided to split the team in two lol) Ahh the things that Jacobs in Canberra is unaware of lol. So here I was, at the crossroads of my afternoon soccer playing career and I find myself in a new team (lets face it, the PIMPS didn’t want me due to the fact that I have no ball handling skills lol) and a new season. I was ecstatic when I learned that would be in the B-Grade and not the A-Grade like I was last season, but soon realised that this plan did not come to fruition due to lack of enthusiasm. Hence we (The Foo Fighters) are in the A-Grade division and up against people much faster and talented than us. Oh well.. I am after all a basketballer by trade ;). The game started off well enough, I was given free roam as a midfielder and told to go with the ball, which for most of the game I managed quite well. I was quite happy with this team, no one knew each other but they seem like a good bunch of guys and certainly there is a certain spark there to take us to the top 4 to qualify for the finals. I personally had a good game I thought, I ran well and managed to pull off some good moves at sporadic times in the match. We were down 2-0 at half time and were quite happy because the team we were playing came second in the competition last year. Unfortunately though due to lack of fitness and team work we ended up losing 7-0, Not the best start. But I look at this season as a fresh start for me, with some team mates that seem committed to the team. So perhaps we can become the mighty ducks :) . All we need now is Emilio Estevez to coach us, I wonder which one of us is going to be Charlie, I guess I could look like Joshua Jackson i.e. Pacey from Dawson’s Creek lol.

I have two hobbies going at the moment, playing WoW and finishing the 5000 piece puzzle. The aim is to finish the puzzle by the end of the year or at least before I move out lol, The more I do, the more it seems I still have to do. As for WoW, my aim is to try to get to level 40 as fast as I possibly can. Just so I can finally ride a White Tiger.. oooohhh.. “Hey Tiger.. Wake Up!!” quote from Simpsons. Once I get bored of this character I might create a new one, perhaps a human Paladin, but this time I will have a male character lol. Not that it hasn’t been fun being a female character, they are certainly better to look at :P, but it does tend to confuse those that are online. Then again most people playing WoW are 10 years old anyway, and boy do they have an attitude or what lol.




your love is like a shadow at 2:05 am
0 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard