Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's On Again!!

Now that the footy (AFL) season is over, its time now to turn my attention to the cricket season. yes thats right its that time of year again where we don the baggy green and chant aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi. Although I am born in Sri-Lanka I strongly support Australia. That is until Australia plays Sri-Lanka, now thats a heart wrenching decision, I mean its like having to decide which of your children you like more. I always have a soft spot for Sri-Lanka, but as so often is the case, they can break your heart as a supporter. On their day they can be the most amazing team, able to conquer ANY team at their best. But because they are a brash team, willing to go for risks.. well.. when they lose my GOD do they lose. So badly that you want to turn that cap inside out and cover your face as you leave the ground.

the ICC Champions trophy is officially underway now, of course Australia has qualified (I mean they are world no. 1), and Sri-Lanka failed to automatically qualify (only the top 6 teams in the world qualify, based on current rankings of course). So Sri-Lanka had to go through the qualifying phase against Bangladeh, Zimbabwe and the West-Indies, all these teams would be fighting for the 2 remaining spots. Funnily enough, even though Sri-Lanka haven't qualified... they are actually one of, if not the favourite to win the tournament lol. The reason?... simply because it is in the sub-continent, and the other boys can't handle the conditions. I mean "If you can't stand the curry... get out of the country lol".

Of course Sri-Lanka have been true to their favouritism tag, by easily defeating all their challengers so far in qualifying and in also crushng the second qualifire West Indies. West Indies scored 83 in 34 overs, and Sri-Lanka made that score in 13.4 overs lol. Can't get more of a hiding than that. So here the hope that it will b Australia v Sri-lanka in the final. which will get much scoff from my fiance who is of course Indian, but I forgive her for it lol :P

To round up my cricket season I am going to the ashes. Thats right I have scored a precious ticket to this years boxing day test match at the hallowed grounds of the MCG. It might not be day 1 but day 2 should be just as exciting. C'Mon Aussies and bring those ashes back home.. or at least win the ashes and let the poms keep the urn :P.


your love is like a shadow at 1:54 am
0 said we can't be wrong together

Myself & I

  • Some words about yourself
  • Maybe your age
  • But don't forget your name
  • It ain't secret anymore

Those Days

Tagboard