Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Your Are What You EAT
Lately I have become more self concious about my weight and just how much weight I have gained over the past few years. I mean pre-Uni I weighed 59 kg's and now I weight a healthy 75 kg's. Although I am not overweight, infact i am perfect weight for my height for the first time in my life (I have always been about 10 kgs underweight). That being said, I am not in shape, and I feel rounder each time I look in the mirror. The positive thing is that I am now more self concious about food and particularly the foods I should stay away from. The USA has always been terrible with food issues and notorious for inventing death burgers i.e the 1 pounder!!! but the Texas fair takes the cake with the invention of deep fried coke!!!. yes thats right, the once favourite beverage of mine, the good old liquid gold, coca-cola has now gone deep fried territory! lol. According to the inventor his recipe includes:"…Coca-Cola-flavored batter. He then drizzles Coke fountain syrup on it. The fried Coke is topped with whipped cream, cinnamon sugar and a cherry. Gonzales said the fried Coke came about just from thinking aloud."
Frankly I can think of nothing more gross or disgusting, but its funny what one person considers disgusting and another consider a delicassy. For instance, a workmate of mine, Cameron, LOVES kiwi fruit. Sure that in itself is not disgusting, but what is weird is the fact that he eats it like its an apple.... he eats the kiwi fruit WITH the skin... he just goes at it without peeling the skin, and says he loves the metallic furry taste he gets from the skin... yech. Mind you I have eaten some foods that would and have made my gal disgusted. I have eated Duck and Lamb (she hates the thought of picturing the little animals), baby octopus (mmmm soo tasy, but Sig has a problem with the baby part lol), Ox Tongue .. yes that right my mum loves it. Personally I don't fancy it but I have tried it lol. Fish eyes, now this isn't as gross as it sounds.. I don't eat the whole eye.. squishy bits and all lol.. just the eyeball.. I LOVE IT.. infact as a kid I always stole my parents eyeballs lol. It's not squishy at all nfact it's tough and hard. I have also had kangaroo and quail (a small pidgeon like bird, although pidgeon is a red meat) mind you my dad has eaten a toucan, heheh and we wonder why they are endangered lol. I never thought twice about eating these animals, but I can see that anyone out there can find the simplest thing we all eat disgusting.
your love is like a shadow at 10:50 pm
0 said we can't be wrong together
0 said we can't be wrong together