Sunday, November 05, 2006
Licensed To Sh00T
After a hard day at work, theres nothing better than coming home and opening the mail and reading, "Congratulations you now can fire a rifle" :). Although I say that in a serious and sensible manner because the last thing I want to do is promote firearm stupidity. I was glad that my licence finally arrived, it basically means that I am allowed to fire a rifle as well as to buy and store a rifle :). Which is what I plan to do as soon as possible ;), there is a gun that I am currently looking at and my next stop will be to put a deposit on it. So in one months time I will have a firearm of my own ... awwww.. the perfect christmas present, Santa knows just what I want :). To be able to shoot a target at 900 meters lol, although when I tell people I go shooting on the weekends, they get nervous, and I have reassure them that it is target shooting, and NO the target is not a human silhouette sheesh, some people. I enjoy making my own bullets and it gives you an understanding on the mechanics of the weapon that you are using, my belief is that everyone should know how things work before they use it. I remember watching Jay Leno one day, he said that his father bought him a motorcycle when Jay was about 10, but it was all in pieces. His father told Jay that he had to put it together, and when he did he can ride it. By the end of it Jay knew everypart to the bike, the way it works and all its intracacies which in my mind is brilliant. Infact more people should do that, it would keep the stupid hoons off the road.The rifle that I am after is a 308 O-mark rifle, and I make Winchester bullets loaded with Sierra projectile tips. As can be seen in the above picture the bullet is very large indeed approx. 75mm in length. Hence I cannot go hunting with it, because if I ever shot a rabbit with it... well lets say there might just be a whole foot lying there amongst the exploded blood and guts .. sorry for the visual, but you get what I mean. So off I go to get my license photo done :).
your love is like a shadow at 10:38 pm
0 said we can't be wrong together
0 said we can't be wrong together