Monday, January 01, 2007
A New Horizon
Its been ages since I last wrote my blog, and this is partly due to my own laziness. I will say its because I am lazy or because I am back at home with my parents for holidays and am stuck with dial up internet. But truth is I am a very lazy indivdual, also because I think I try and do too many things at once. That is a problem of mine in that I want to do everything at once and only end up doing a little bit of everything half done. I think its because I am so intersted in so many things and I suppose because I am pretty good at so many things that I try to do them all at once. My gift is also my curse unfortunately :(.
Now is the time for both reflecting and predicting, reflecting on the year gone before me and predicting the future this new year has in store for me. Since I am a person that chooses not to stay in the past I figure I will take a gander into the future. So here is what I can see in my crystal ball:
January:
Sad and exciting in that I will leave Melbourne once again to forge my career in another state. I will leave behind my family and most importantly my soul mate. It gets hard everytime I leave and as soon as I get to Adelaide we start the countdown to when we see each other next. Exciting because I will be moving into a house with a backyard and a garage and I will be living will my best mate of the furry four legged kind. Living alone again will be somewhat of a blessing, don't get me wrong, a house mate is great but there are things you wanna do that you cant with a housemate wround. If you catch my drift :).
February:
Valentine's Day, My Gal's B'Day and our second enagagement party (this time for our friends). I think this will be the party month, mainly for my boo, it will be her final month b4 uni and her final month of holidays b4 she starts her career in the big bad world. Gotta start thinking about what gift to get her for her b'day... or maybe I already have it ;).
March:
Other than the start of the footy season I have nothing else to look forwards to. Lucky for me when the fotty finishes the cricket season starts. Unlike for Cameron who is faced with life without footy for 5 months. Ahh how boring life would be without sport.
April:
Anzac Day, Essendon vs Collingwood. One of my life's to do list is to attend an Anzac Day class between these two clubs, two of melbourne's oldest and greatest clubs, what could be better?. Maybe being at the 'G, watching Essendon win a permiership against Carlton by 1 point. (I Hate Carlton SO MUCH!!!!). Easter is always a good time of the year as well, although I am not so much into chocolate as I used to be. I face the possibility of an Easter without my boo as she might be in India at the time buying her bridal Sari and possibly my gear as well.
May:
May is always a special month, May is our month. 15th May will be our 6 year anniversary, and what a beautiful 6 years it has been. Amazing I haven't driven her mad yet.... I say yet.... :).
June:
Start of winter and also judgement day for me interms of work. Around this time of year my company has it's annual performance reviews. My last one went exceptionally well and I hope this years to be the same or better (thats the type of person I am). A good performance means recognitions and rewards (i.e. a raise). Normally I am not a man concerned with money and raises, but considering I am about to start a new life with a special someone, I need to start focussing on achieving my life goals and getting the success that so many expect of me.
July:
Nopt so much a big month for me, but for Sig it is. She will finish Uni. Six and a half years of hard work will finally be realised and I know it's a day she has been longing for and dreading. I know you'll do well babe, I believe in you :).
August:
With exams done, my boo and I will start planning heavily for our wedding. It will be a hectic time, deciding what we want, what we will do, what we will wear, who we want to attend sigh. Already I can feel the stress mounting.
September:
My fathers birthday, he will be 51 this year. Not so special as last year but every birthday is special as you get older. Living away from home makes you appreciate special people in your life, I definitely appreciate everything he has done and I plan to show him that this year. My final year as an unmarried man. The AFL grand final will also be played on that last Saturday in September, ahhhh, is it too ambitious to hope that Essendon will be there for James Hird's final year in the no. 5 jumper for the Bombers?.
October:
25!!!!... I can't believe I will be 25 in October!!... how can this be?. It was only yesterday that I was in first year Uni. The days are a blur, I can already feel my body getting slower and stiffer. I don't have the energy I used to, the speed, flexibility and agility have been replced with brute strength and power as well as wisdom.
November:
The day is nigh. That one special day in a couple's lives as we walk around that fire 7 times, for 7 promises. Lets hope I can remeber them all :P. We are planning our honeymoon to be in Italy, the problem at the moment is raising the cash for the trip. But if we can do it, I know it will be an amazing trip.
December:
Ahhh Life as a family, it will be weird having someone sleeping next to you every night, but she will be a welcome guest I assure you. Christmas with my new extended family and another new years to reflect on the year that has come and gone.
What a year in 2007
Now is the time for both reflecting and predicting, reflecting on the year gone before me and predicting the future this new year has in store for me. Since I am a person that chooses not to stay in the past I figure I will take a gander into the future. So here is what I can see in my crystal ball:
January:
Sad and exciting in that I will leave Melbourne once again to forge my career in another state. I will leave behind my family and most importantly my soul mate. It gets hard everytime I leave and as soon as I get to Adelaide we start the countdown to when we see each other next. Exciting because I will be moving into a house with a backyard and a garage and I will be living will my best mate of the furry four legged kind. Living alone again will be somewhat of a blessing, don't get me wrong, a house mate is great but there are things you wanna do that you cant with a housemate wround. If you catch my drift :).
February:
Valentine's Day, My Gal's B'Day and our second enagagement party (this time for our friends). I think this will be the party month, mainly for my boo, it will be her final month b4 uni and her final month of holidays b4 she starts her career in the big bad world. Gotta start thinking about what gift to get her for her b'day... or maybe I already have it ;).
March:
Other than the start of the footy season I have nothing else to look forwards to. Lucky for me when the fotty finishes the cricket season starts. Unlike for Cameron who is faced with life without footy for 5 months. Ahh how boring life would be without sport.
April:
Anzac Day, Essendon vs Collingwood. One of my life's to do list is to attend an Anzac Day class between these two clubs, two of melbourne's oldest and greatest clubs, what could be better?. Maybe being at the 'G, watching Essendon win a permiership against Carlton by 1 point. (I Hate Carlton SO MUCH!!!!). Easter is always a good time of the year as well, although I am not so much into chocolate as I used to be. I face the possibility of an Easter without my boo as she might be in India at the time buying her bridal Sari and possibly my gear as well.
May:
May is always a special month, May is our month. 15th May will be our 6 year anniversary, and what a beautiful 6 years it has been. Amazing I haven't driven her mad yet.... I say yet.... :).
June:
Start of winter and also judgement day for me interms of work. Around this time of year my company has it's annual performance reviews. My last one went exceptionally well and I hope this years to be the same or better (thats the type of person I am). A good performance means recognitions and rewards (i.e. a raise). Normally I am not a man concerned with money and raises, but considering I am about to start a new life with a special someone, I need to start focussing on achieving my life goals and getting the success that so many expect of me.
July:
Nopt so much a big month for me, but for Sig it is. She will finish Uni. Six and a half years of hard work will finally be realised and I know it's a day she has been longing for and dreading. I know you'll do well babe, I believe in you :).
August:
With exams done, my boo and I will start planning heavily for our wedding. It will be a hectic time, deciding what we want, what we will do, what we will wear, who we want to attend sigh. Already I can feel the stress mounting.
September:
My fathers birthday, he will be 51 this year. Not so special as last year but every birthday is special as you get older. Living away from home makes you appreciate special people in your life, I definitely appreciate everything he has done and I plan to show him that this year. My final year as an unmarried man. The AFL grand final will also be played on that last Saturday in September, ahhhh, is it too ambitious to hope that Essendon will be there for James Hird's final year in the no. 5 jumper for the Bombers?.
October:
25!!!!... I can't believe I will be 25 in October!!... how can this be?. It was only yesterday that I was in first year Uni. The days are a blur, I can already feel my body getting slower and stiffer. I don't have the energy I used to, the speed, flexibility and agility have been replced with brute strength and power as well as wisdom.
November:
The day is nigh. That one special day in a couple's lives as we walk around that fire 7 times, for 7 promises. Lets hope I can remeber them all :P. We are planning our honeymoon to be in Italy, the problem at the moment is raising the cash for the trip. But if we can do it, I know it will be an amazing trip.
December:
Ahhh Life as a family, it will be weird having someone sleeping next to you every night, but she will be a welcome guest I assure you. Christmas with my new extended family and another new years to reflect on the year that has come and gone.
What a year in 2007
your love is like a shadow at 1:41 pm
0 said we can't be wrong together
0 said we can't be wrong together