Monday, February 05, 2007
Dinner With a Chief
Was invited to dinner on Friday night to dinner with a man I always knew as "Chief". he's a Chief Petty officer in the navy and all those under his commander must refer to him as "Chief". Since I am a civilian contractor, I am under no obligation to refer to him by his title. Infact being an Engineer, if I was to join the navy, I would infact be his superior and he would have to refer to me as "Sir" lol. It turns out his place is a mere 8 minutes drive from my new rental apartment, how convenien. His house was amazing, on the top of the hill he can literally see the storm clouds as they gather, his house is beautifully decorated, each room with the same theme yet somehow clearly different. It has a very old england feel to it. The loung room has a fireplace, and hence was one of the main reasons that they bought the place, apparently his wife really wanted a fireplace. Why is it that women all want that fireplace, because i keep being reminded from my own signifcant other that we're getting a house with a fireplace. His house was decorated with a very old english sort of feel, very clean and everything in it's own place. He's a good 10-15 years older than me but he's very much a kid inside, and I never realised how similar we both are until he pointed it out to me. He's a Victorian and like me love his old home, an Essendon supporter as well as worshipping the ground james Hird walks on. He also loves stargate and we are both Dell fanatics, so with plenty in common we had plenty to talk about during dinner, including some politics occuring at my old work place, and suggestions that my position was not fought for by my supervisor because she wanted to takeover as the only engineer in the building. This didnt phase me, I am good enough to forge out my career anywhere I choose, and I know that she probably doesn't have as much options on the table for her as I did. The evening and dinner was great, it was good to spend some time with some friends and just sit down and chat. It's good to have developed a friendship in my time in JEWOSU, infact I walked away from that place with 3 really close friends.
your love is like a shadow at 12:47 am
0 said we can't be wrong together
0 said we can't be wrong together